2 thoughts on “Mushrooms

    1. Hey Kent, according to the locals they are. However there are ways to make them edible. For this mushroom you can boil out the poison. Just boil them in fresh water twice for 5 min. The window should be kept open and the room well ventilated. Or one can dehydrate them in a well ventilated room and then just boil them once and discard the boiling liquid. Each step apparently decreases the amount of poison by 90%, so after two times the amount, which is still left, is negligible. I ate them and didn’t die and in fact they were exceptionally tasty. But no guarantee.
      In Finland one can buy them on the local markets when in season. In Germany it is forbidden to sell them due to the risk of poisoning.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *